And the Liebster Award goes to… pause for effect… The Yogi Wanderer!
Yes, that’s true. The Yogi Wanderer is now an award-winning travel blog. I’m so happy and proud! I would like to start by thanking Roger Wellington from Wet Nose Escapades for nominating me.
It’s such an honor to receive this award after one year of blogging, a.k.a. one year of hard work but a lot of fun too!
The Liebster Award is an online award given to new bloggers by other bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word that means “the dearest”. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize fellow bloggers for their work and excellence. The nominees/award winners should then pay it forward by nominating/awarding other bloggers they admire and follow.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it.
So following the rules, here are my answers to Roger’s questions:
1. What is your favorite part about traveling, and why?
My favorite part about traveling is the planning. Don’t get me wrong, the actual travel, being there on a new place, discovering a new culture and meeting new people, is amazing. But planning for your next trip allows you to dream and travel anytime and anywhere.
2. Where and when was your first international destination?
I took my first international trip when I was 16 years old. It was a two-week student exchange program in Italy. I still can remember the feeling of being abroad for the first time. The language, the food, the people, the places, all contributed to an unforgettable experience that got me hooked for life.
3. What do you love about blogging the most?
Being creative and sharing travel memories through text, photo and video is something that I really love.
4. What frustrates you about blogging the most?
Never seeming to have enough time to do everything I want and need to do for the blog. From writing, taking and editing photos, shooting and editing videos, promoting on social media, guest-blogging and networking, to the technical aspects of running a website, days are always too short.
5. What have you found to be the most effective way of promoting your blog?
For me, connecting with other travel bloggers and creating content that people want to share have been the most effective ways of promoting my blog.
6. How do you usually find food when you travel?
I’m a vegetarian so I look for vegetarian restaurants or places with vegetarian options on their menus. I like street food but I also like to splurge on a good restaurant once in a while.
7. Are you a part-time or full-time traveler? If you’re part-time, are you looking to travel full-time?
For the moment I’m still a part-time traveler, with an 80% job. I’m not looking to travel full-time though, since I like having a place to call home. But I would definitely love to become location independent and be able to travel a lot more than I currently do.
8. What do you miss the most when you’re traveling?
To tell you the truth, I don’t really miss anything when I’m traveling. I just try to immerse myself completely in the experience, thus there’s no room for nostalgia.
9. You just checked into your hotel at your destination and it’s pouring rain outside. What would you do to spend the rest of your day?
I’ll put my raincoat on and go explore.
10. What are your travel and blogging goals for 2017?
I actually wrote a post about that on the blog. I want, off course, to travel more and to take The Yogi Wanderer to the next level.
Here are my 10 questions for my nominees:
- When and how did you start traveling?
- What was your favorite destination so far?
- Name a place you did NOT like and why.
- What do you like the most about traveling?
- If you could take only ONE more trip in your lifetime where would you go? Why?
- What was the most important thing you learned about yourself while traveling?
- What was your best travel moment so far?
- What was your worst travel moment so far?
- What’s one thing you can’t travel without?
- What’s the first thing you do upon arrival to a new destination?
And now the moment you were all waiting for. The new Liebster Award winners are…
pause for effect…
Indigo Warrior – Brook is a conscious traveler, a student for life and an empowerment coach, among many other things. Her blog Indigo Warrior is a “conscious learning lifestyle” blog that promotes wellness, sustainability, and cultural growth.
Mom in Zurich – Living in Europe was Kate’s dream since she was little. Originally from the US, she’s currently based in Zurich, Switzerland, with her husband, from South Africa, and their two lovely daughters. On her blog Mom in Zurich Kate shares her adventures with her family in Zurich and beyond.
PS – let’s travel – Pat and Sarah are newly engaged and decided to start their life together with one-way tickets abroad. Pat is a professional chef. Sarah is studying to be a certified sommelier. They are currently exploring the sights and tastes of Portugal.
Dreams of a Wanderess – Shernice is a girl who decided to leave the comforts of her home to fulfill her dream of becoming a full-time traveler and living a creative life. She’s slowly exploring one country at a time, while on a mission to create a sustainable travel lifestyle.
101 Words of Travel – Johana is a pineapple, coconut and beach lover, who happens to have a crush for traveling. She quit her job to fulfill her dream of travelling and working location independently. Together with her boyfriend, she’s running a 6 months test of nomadic lifestyle in South East Asia.
The Circular Corner – Pragya is a 21 year old from New Delhi, India. She has an eye for art and architecture, and strongly believes in vegetarianism, vibes, and travel as the ultimate form of healing. Her blog The Circular Corner is a representation of her alter ego.
Magnificent Escape – Marlies is a Dutch girl born in Norway but living in Belgium. Confused? She’s been traveling all her life, first with her family, then with friends and now alone. Traveling is what makes her happiest in life and she shares everything about her adventures on her blog Magnificent Escape.
Congratulations to all the new winners: you rock! Now it’s your turn to nominate and support other newbie bloggers you love. And don’t forget to answer to my questions – can’t wait to read all your answers.
Keep up the good work and see you around the web!
If you like it, Pin it!